Sign in to follow this  
youneverknow

Google Rolls Out 2 New Features

Here is the article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ttwonewfeatures

First, the Mountain View search engine announced Friday a "site-flavored" Google search. It delivers results customized to reflect the content of a given Web site.

The second feature does not allow the personalized results offered by the site-flavored search. However, Web-site operators can use both features if they download two different search boxes, according to Susan Wojcicki, Google's director of product management.

Both features aim to do the same thing -- give incentives to Web-site publishers to funnel traffic to Google. And by doing so, Google can make more money -- and users get easier searches.

Oh boy - I don't need a crystal ball to see the "advertising opportunities" available if we want to be on Google... for a small fee of course. If they are as evil as I suspect they are they may make it a financial requirement to stay on Google's listings.

Cool stuff but I just wish they'd get rid of the spam listings. The same sites that are #1 on Yahoo, MSN, et al end up on page 8 of Google. Obviously something's badly amiss there.

Anyway, it's cool to play with until they do pull the switch on the pay-per version!