Box Trapper? When Will It Work?

I see Box trapper in the Cpanel but it doesn't seem to work yet. Any idea of when this feature will work? I would definitely love to try using this stuff for my personal email to stop some of that horrid spam coming through, or at least make it harder for them to figure out another way in.

Mav

One of my clients could use this too!!!

We use blacklist and spamassasin and she still gets about 400 emails a week.

Mr. Bill :Nerd:

BoxTrapper is part of 4 features that make up cPanel Pro. When cPanel updated it's themes, it added those options (and defaulted them to available) whether the server has cPanel Pro or not, so that's why you may see the option and it doesn't work (most of the servers do not have cPanel Pro addon). Those extra options just haven't been turned off from displaying on all of the servers yet.

Due to the fact those 4 features added in cPanel Pro still are rather buggy and not really reliable, TCH isn't supporting them yet. All BoxTrapper does, btw, is require *everyone* who sends you email to opt-in, before you will receive their email (the send an email, your boxtrapper sends a response, they have to verify themselves, and only then will you start receiving their email). Not too bad in theory if you like that kind of setup, but from what I've seen so far, it (Boxtrapper in particular) hasn't worked quite so well in practice.

I grow tired of using spam assassin and mail washer pro to swim through the crap in my personal email. I only have a small select group of friends and family that send email, if I can authorize them and make it even harder, or put up another speed bump in the spammers wake then I'll do it. I hope this feature does come available soon. If you need someone to test it out let me know, I'll break it in for sure!

Mav

I've retired two addresses so far, and will retire more if it becomes a problem.

Just get a new similar address, and tell all your friends about the new one.

Currently I make it more complicated to harvest the address by only displaying the address as an image, and that image is hotlinked to a page with a bigger version image, and a form script you can use to send me mail. But the address is inside the script, not inside the form.

Hopefully the spammers won't go through all the trouble and harvest the address. Though I know SOME will manually harvest addresses. Grumble %¤="#(¤

Oh, and when you fail the old addresses, you can put in an address to a page where you've put the new one, so human visitors can find the new address.