10 Days And Still Nothing

Okay, here's what's going on.

For the past seven months or so I've had my webspace with name2host. A couple weeks ago, I decided to switch the domain to TCH and I bought my webspace, blahblahblah.

Well, at first, name2host wouldn't answer any of my questions about transfering the site and after a bit of pulling my hair out, I decided to let TCH handle the transfer, paid my 10.95, etc. Shortly thereafter, name2host emails me the place to go to change nameservers. But by the time they did, it wouldn't let me change the nameservers because it said the domain was in the process of being transferred [which it should have been]. But now it's been 10 days since I started the process [and 10 days since I received the email to the admin address of the domain asking if it was okay to proceed with the transfer], and still the domain is with name2host, and when I checked the nameserver this morning, I still can't change it.

Any idea what's going on or why the transfer's taking so long?

Let me see if i understand this...

If you asked TCH to transfer this and its 10 days I think you should open a help desk ticket (See top of page)

If you asked another one to transfer it, it is them you need to contact.

I was in a similar mess with my jikrantz.com, so i dropped it and registered jikrantz.se instead. But in your case, contact appropriate help desk and pray. :D

I would *definately* open a trouble ticket - but also remember that when it comes to transferring domain names from one registrar to another, the one you're leaving usually takes their sweet time. They're losing you as a customer after all. Certainly its wise to submit a ticket and have TCH check up on it, but just realize that depending on your old registrar, sometimes it *does* take up to 10 days.

Angela,

You should have heard something from one side or the other by now.

Check a whois search to find out what your administrative contact email address is and make sure you are checking that account. This is where anything regarding transfer will go and also where any responses need to come from.

Other than that, a Help Desk ticket is definitely your beast and fastest recourse.