TCH-Ethan Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago Clifford is down for emergency maintenance, we will update this forum as early as possible.
Head Guru Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago Hello Team Clifford! Here is what we know, the server crashed and the logs indicate an issue with the servers power subsystems. We have DC staff currently working on the server and we will post updates once we have a clear diagnosis. Downtime is painful, it happens, and we are working as fast as possible to restore services to our Clifford Server Family. Updates to follow...
Head Guru Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago Hello, I have some good news to report from the DC Team! They have re-racked the server and have turned it over to our tech-ops team, who are currently reviewing the server. Once I have a clean bill of health, I will report back with a full update. However, as of now, the server is back online.
Head Guru Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago Hello Team Clifford, I am happy to report that Clifford has been given a clean bill of health. The issue today was caused by a failed power supply. Clifford has redundant power supplies but when one of them failed it also appears to have damaged the RAID controller. The DC team replaced the failed power supply and the RAID controller and brought the server back online. The good news is the RAID array was intact and no data was lost. Because of the hard crash the server did require a filesystem check during boot. There were only a few minor corrections needed and everything came back clean. Our Tech Ops team has gone through the server and everything is operating normally. We will continue to keep a close eye on Clifford but at this point I am calling this incident resolved. I know this was a long outage and I know how frustrating that is. Thank you for hanging in there with us while we got Clifford back on his feet. Bill
Recommended Posts