Manage Several Domains

zeegirl

Hi all, I just registered a second domain name for a client and would like to be able to manage both domains through the same hosting account. Is this possible and if so, are there instructions for getting it set up? I ran a few searches and couldn't find anything in the FAQ so thought I'd start here. Thanks!

~Lindsey

Does this clients both domain names point to the same content?

If so, you can have the techs park the new domain on top of the old one, so visitors and you can access same site with both names.

If it doesn´t point to the same content, do you have a reseller plan or do these two domains have separate hosting packages?

If you got a reseller plan I believe you can log in to your master accounts cpanel and administrate any other cpanel in your reseller plan.

If both domains have the separate hosting plans, I believe this is not possible and would require a reseller plan for it to work.

Does this clients both domain names point to the same content?

If so, you can have the techs park the new domain on top of the old one, so visitors and you can access same site with both names.

If it doesn´t point to the same content, do you have a reseller plan or do these two domains have separate hosting packages?

If you got a reseller plan I believe you can log in to your master accounts cpanel and administrate any other cpanel in your reseller plan.

If both domains have the separate hosting plans, I believe this is not possible and would require a reseller plan for it to work.

Yes, I'd like for the second domain name to point to the same content as the first domain. I purchased the credit for $19.95 to do this and it's currently set up and working so I'm not too worried about this, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to add the new domain to the same hosting plan and host different content there. (I've done this with other hosting companies; just wasn't sure if there was a way to do w/ TCH.)

Thanks!

~Lindsey

• 6 months later...

Wow! Zeegirl brings up a Q for me (thnx!) about my two sites. I have two separate domain names with separate content, both hosted on separate TCH plans. Can I combine? And only have to work with one cpanel? I suppose that would change my storage and traffic quotas as well... Worth looking into, if it is possible.

Thanks,

Dexter