Firefox 3.5 Released

Personally I downgraded back to a earlier version of FF. A lot of the add ons do not work with 3.5 and it is not getting real good reviews from users on the mozilla forums.

I had problems for months with Flash on all browsers. It was very annoying, to say the least.

Firefox 3.5 seems to run better for me. I've got roughly 25-30 add-ons installed, and overall, it runs MUCH smoother and faster than before.

Speaking of addons...

I found out that the addons page at mozilla isn´t updated very quickly. I had as most people several addons needing to be updated but the auto update feature told me there were no updates.

By going to the authors site for each addon I found there were updates to all my addons needing it.

I just saw this .......

"Firefox 3.5.1, which Mozilla intends to deliver in mid-to-late July, will include fixes for at least three bugs and "topcrashes," the term the company uses to describe the frequently-reported crashes. Like many applications, Firefox asks users to report crashes by displaying a prompt after the browser goes down."

Why do they release an unfinished product?

youneverknow

Not sure this is a bug or if it´s supposed to do this depending on how the person behind a site has done, but very often when I click a link that is supposed to open in a new tab it opens in a new window instead. all settings in my Firefox says tab so they should open there.

It worked fine in 3.0.x.

I finally updated to FireFox 3.5 today, only to be greeted with missing images on every page I loaded.

If you run into this problem, here is the fix:

"Tools -> Options -> Content -> Colors" check "Allow pages to use their own colors, instead of my selections above"

Thanks Dick. ;)

You got me curious on this since I have this problem but only with one site I visit. I have had this problem for a long long time (since before 3.0, so not a specific 3.5 problem for me), so I checked how my settings were.

It turned out that that the setting was already checked and when I unchecked it, all worked fine on the problematic site.