Avant Browser

Spinland

Not saying it's any better than the others mentioned here, just that it's the one I use and I prefer it to the main two flavors. SFAIK it layers over the IE engine, but I know it diverges sufficiently for my online banking page (which mandates IE or NS of a certain version *sigh*) to reject it.

Lightweight, tabbing, image/flash/popup/cookie blocking that you can configure, and so on.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

I have been using Avant Browser since I first heard about it on the TCH forums. I am very happy with it. They are continually improving it, which is also a plus. You can even make suggestions on the discussion forums on their web site.

Check it out!

• 1 year later...
SFAIK it layers over the IE engine, but I know it diverges sufficiently for my online banking page (which mandates IE or NS of a certain version *sigh*) to reject it.

If your bank is as lazy as mine it is just going off the useragent. My bank only like Netscape and IE but they do give you the option to carry on with the login. But if I tell Firefox to pretend it's IE I just go straight to the login screen.