Sign in to follow this  
Bob Crabb

Phpbb 2.0.23

phpBB Group just announced phpBB 2.0.23. This is the first new release for version 2 phpBB in over a year, but it is great to see continuing support for version 2 even though 3.0.0 was released a couple of months ago.

It looks like most of the changes in 2.0.23 are for minor bug fixes, and one oddball potential security vulnerability. For more info, go to http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.p...14&t=772285

I just installed 2.0.23 on a couple of boards that are heavily modified, using EasyMod to install the Code Changes version of the upgrade. I only encountered two instructions that had to be altered in order to install via Easy Mod. If you have the multi BB code mod on your board, you will need to alter the code change for posting_body.tpl. If you have the last visit mod installed, then you will need to alter the last find instruction of the code changes for groupcp.php.

I have a couple more boards to upgrade, and if I find any other mods that cause incompatibilities with the code change install file, I'll update the thread.

Since it has been a few days since the release, I thought that I would update this thread. I have updated all my boards now, and did not incur any installation problems other than those in the first post. After running for several days, everything looks good, and no users have reported problems related to the new release.