Using Darwin / Apache/php Nuke Etc On Mac Os X

namaste

In an attempt to understand what for some would be basic / elementary 'stuff', I'm wanting to use my Mac (Intel Core Duo Proc.] to act as a Server for my hands on experience. The foundation of these Mac's is bases on Darwin, Unix and Apache. I would like to take advantage of this by installing MySQL, and PHP Nuke 7.9/8.0 in order that I get a first hand look at what happens when I perform a certain task, e.g., upgrade from PHP Nuke 7.8 to 7.9. This would be applicable to our Club's Web Site hosted at TCH. I'm reasonably familiar with using FTP, and have been doing some basic Admin work with the cPanel. However the site needs some tidying-up, e.g., modules duplicated, Security Code module not working on home page, etc. I've downloaded and unpacked MySql, but looking at Terminal (the Unix view on the Mac) I cannot see how I can get MySql installed so that I could then proceed with installing PHP Nuke. Sorry for long post . . . anyone out there who has experience on their Mac with this process ???? Thanks in advance.

George

Have a look at Xampp or Xampplite. .........

Thank you kindly for your assistance. I did d/l Xampp and installed it without any problems.It took me awhile to locate the Control Panel and test it out. I also followed through the various step oulined below the Test and Read Me. While in Terminal I entered various commans, e.g., ... ./Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp security..... I changed pswds, etc but when I did the <http:localhost> to bring up the page on XAMPP for Mac OS X -> Status kept showing me that MySQL database as being <Deactivated>. I tinkered about with this but was NOT able to sort this out and I'm not up to where I can use the Terminal (Unix commands) to operate this as a Training / Educational Format for myself. As mentioned earlier my primary interest here is to test out / view my 'changes' before I move them to our Web Site. I still haven't been able to get PHP Nuke intalled and was hoping I would be able to do that through a process similar to my cPanel and the MySql (Fantastico) program therein hosted by TCH. I'm sure there is a way to create this on my Mac as this have given me a partial step towards a full installation. Thanks yet again and I'll keep reading and testing.

As an aside, I did d/l the Lasarus Guestbook sometime last year for our Club's Website but was not every able to get it installed. The present one is/was a mess and swamped with ads and hacked by someone such that now I can't get any language but Spanish, ergo I've deactivated it.

Also I would stay away from phpnuke 7.9 8.0 or any other version besides patched 7.6 If you ever do put them online on a regular server. They are highly hackable. 7.6 patched from the site i got mine at is very secure. PM me for the site to get 7.6 from. As they do not like me posting the link since the site also is a host.