Sign in to follow this  
OnlineAutorama

Help! How Do I Create A Site Like This One?

Hi Everyone.

Well my searches have come up empty.

I want to create a website like Pricewatch.com but I want it to deal with automotive parts and accessories.

Is it possible to create a site like this using FrontPage 2003?

I tried making a site using the Templates supplied with FP 2003. I used the "Database Interface Wizard" But It seems to only create APS or APSX pages and I believe that TCH doesnt support ASP or ASPX pages on a Linux Server.

Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction to creating a site such as that one?

I'm So Confused! :)

Jim.

I have already answered your similar post here.

Ahh Thank you. That link is mine refering to possible scripts, this one is refering to if frontpage has the ability to do it alone.

Thank you for the link,... checking it out now.

Thanks Thomas.

Jim

Ahh Thank you. That link is mine refering to possible scripts, this one is refering to if frontpage has the ability to do it alone.

You would need some kind of database on the server, so if "alone" means just FrontPage and no database then no it can't. You also will not find, IMO, a FP template that will do what you want. PriceLine spent probably tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to create the programming they have. I also suspect you'll not find it for free.

FrontPage creates webpages, and if you know what you're doing it will do a good job of it. It does not create entire database-driven, feature rich, search and find, price comparison programming -- unless you are an expert at it. In that case you could use any tool to create the pages - even notepad.

You would need some kind of database on the server, so if "alone" means just FrontPage and no database then no it can't. You also will not find, IMO, a FP template that will do what you want. PriceLine spent probably tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to create the programming they have. I also suspect you'll not find it for free.

FrontPage creates webpages, and if you know what you're doing it will do a good job of it. It does not create entire database-driven, feature rich, search and find, price comparison programming -- unless you are an expert at it. In that case you could use any tool to create the pages - even notepad.

Not "Priceline",... "Pricewatch".