Expression Engine Is Still Dead: Part 2

ramone_kalsaw

Part 1 of this thread seems to be locked -- http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...showtopic=29938

I'm still not able to access my Expression Engine account, even though the TCH Help Desk "restored (my) account on a different server."

What's particularly disturbing is that the Help Desk closed out my ticket without even checking back to see if my problem was actually fixed ... which it isn't.

So my question is this: Can TCH restore my access to my EE files or do I need to change my webhost over to pMachine and their special expertise with EE?

This is an urgent problem for me.

You can always reopen the ticket. Just because it says "closed", it doesn´t mean it is closed, just reply to the ticket and it is opened again.

Also, there is a link in the ticket area with which you can escalate the ticket to a manager for a closer review.

Someone from TCH will reply about the TCH-related part of your question. However, I wanted to point out that the ticket system used by TCH marks the issue "closed" anytime a TCH employee responds. So while they are waiting for your response, the ticket is "closed".

This allows them to search for "open" tickets -- meaning tickets for which they can do something.

Just because a ticket is "closed" doesn't mean TCH thinks the issue is necessarily "resolved." If it is "closed" they may simply be waiting for a response from you.

Good luck getting your stuff figured out.

You can always reopen the ticket. Just because it says "closed", it doesn´t mean it is closed, just reply to the ticket and it is opened again.

Also, there is a link in the ticket area with which you can escalate the ticket to a manager for a closer review.

Where is this escalation feature? I don't see it.

thanks.