New Toy..

Samrc

Last night I installed a cordless webcam from Logitech, on sale at a local store (with an no-return, all sales final policy :clapping:) This time it was worth the gamble.

Couldn't afford a decent wireless nanny cam so this is next best. The receiver is about 3' away from my CPU and wireless router. The camera is several rooms away sending signals through walls just fine. Most webcams have better quality images, but for what I want, it is PERFECT.

I have 3 cats. One of them is too smart for his/her own good doing things that could be dangerous... Well, this little camera is set for motion activation and with the lights on, I can get a decent image of who is doing what. Already caught some strange behavior and it's been FUN to spy on them. If I am away from the computer, I am still notified by sound that a photo has been taken. Currently on the floor, one of the cats keeps coming up to the camera and nosing it forcing another image. :angry: Could set it for video or still images. Stills are fine and take up less space.

My boss has 9 cats and 2 dogs (a great dane and other medium breed) that live in the house with her and her husband. She is also fostering 4 kittens til they get adopted. Recently someone has started marking one area of the guest room. I told her this camera setup would be PERFECT for her to find out who so that one can be segregated. Probably needs to be separated from one or two specific others. I will be taking it to her to help id the culprit.

Worth the price, and fun to use.

In another life I designed/installed surveillance systems. Used my sisters cats to test night vision capabilities and motion sensitivity. They are some mischevious animals once everyone's in bed.

Surveillance of animals, especially expensive ones like horses, is surprisingly good business.

This little camera has no night vision. Wish it did but that's $$$.

Two of mine are very active at night. At least once per night, the youngest, a male, chases the I AM A SPAMMER female around through every room a few times until she finally turns around and HISSES loud and long. Then they go their separate ways for about 10 minutes. Couple minutes later, she will join him where ever he is and grooms him. :clapping:

Yes, the larger horse farms in Marion County, FL (lucrative horse country) have eyes! Have to. They have horses worth millions in breeding stock and being trained for racing.

ive often been interested in hiding say a CCTV cam in my garden and putting it on the computer, i did set my webcam to record entry into my room for a bit but got rid of it when it got annoying :clapping:

surveilance of any kind is fun :angry: