Starting Over

I banged my head up against the computer last summer to create my website. A couple of weeks after I launched, my computer crashed. My computer was bought second-hand and already had FP loaded on it. That's what I used. Well, I lost FP when my computer crashed. I finally (too little time and too little money) ordered a copy of FP 2003. I have a few questions:

1. How do I save my website? I don't want to lose the content. I also want to transfer some of the content to a second website.

2. I want to take my old website and domain name and put a hold on it. I want to use it in the future for another venture. I plan to take it down, put up a page with a link to a new website. I need to purchase a second domain name and seperate hosting plan. I'm essentially wanting a commercial website. What do I need to do to keep both sites and both names? I don't want a sub domain. I actually want a completely different site. Does this make sense?

Didn't that hurt your head? :P Anyway, you can save your web site to your hard drive. I used to do that when I first started too. As far as your old website goes, you own the domain name (at long as you keep it paid up). All you need to do is set up a redirect to your new site.

Didn't that hurt your head? :P Anyway, you can save your web site to your hard drive. I used to do that when I first started too. As far as your old website goes, you own the domain name (at long as you keep it paid up). All you need to do is set up a redirect to your new site.

If I buy a new domain name, do I need to buy another hosting package?

If you are keeping the other site

yes you need another hosting package.

Ok...that's what I figured. Thanks!!! P.S. How do I save my website to my harddrive? Do I need to wait until I can load FP? I'm getting the 2003 version. I used 2000 to build it.