Wp Upload Of Images

Hi

I am using 'ecto' blog editor to write my entries and publish them to a WP blog. I can publish entries without any additional uploads. But if I try to publish an entry which has images in it, then on trying to publish, I get the following error from apache:

---

406 Not Acceptable

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /blog/xmlrpc.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.mirthmakers.com Port 80

---

I have given 777 permission to wp_content/uploads directory (and I am not happy about it), but even then I have this problem. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

kaarthik

I've just had a look at the errors that there were. Please open a ticket at the help desk, and we'll discuss it with you. I'm not going to go into details here because it's actually a security issue related to the specific post URL you are using (nothing that you are doing wrong, so don't worry :rolleyes: )

I followed the instructions that came with WP: unzip on my machine, use an ftp software to upload to the server and run through the install.php script. Moreover this works fine without any images in the post. The addition of images causes breakdown of the script.

I checked the error log in cpanel and there is nothing there. I google-d around a bit and noticed some comments about permissions of directories, but I believe I have set permissions up correctly. Is there a document on what the permissions should be like underneath the WP install directory?

Thanks

kaarthik

Have you uploaded /blog/xmlrpc.php in the correct format to the server ?

I would also check the error log (in cpanel) for any errors there

Done. Thanks for the quick reply.

kaarthik

I've just had a look at the errors that there were. Please open a ticket at the help desk, and we'll discuss it with you. I'm not going to go into details here because it's actually a security issue related to the specific post URL you are using (nothing that you are doing wrong, so don't worry :rolleyes: )