Post Is Not Showing Up Now!

I was able to post once after the installation of Wordpress. I have done nothing differently, but now, my subject and post show up, but the text of the post is NOT showing up.

Here is my website:

www.lauralohr.com

HELP!!! I do NOT know what to do :(

It looks like you are using mod_rewrites to create permalinks for your blog. These may have become corrupt.

I would remove the mod_rewrite rules from the .htaccess file and see if your posts appear. Then I would regenerate them from the Admin panel and put them back into the .htaccess file. After they are in the .htaccess file make sure the file is changed to 666 permissions.

What version of WordPress are you using? What plugins? Have you checked the database in phpMyAdmin to see if there is data being stored in the database? (I'm wondering if you're having trouble getting data INTO the database or back OUT of the database.)

What theme are you using? Have you tried using a different theme? Did you make any mods to the theme you're using? You might try the default theme to see if your posts show normally there.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Edited by abinidi
My husband has been able to post from MySQL, but it isn't posting from the Admin site on my page.

Does this mean he wrote an entry directly into the MySQL table? Would that be the "File This Under..." post that shows up?

If you write a post in the Admin panel and publish it, do you get any errors? Can you go back and edit the entry from within the admin panel? If you can, then the problem would seem to be retrieving the data from the table, not inserting the data into the table. And since your post titles are making it, the post bodies probably are too.

Is this an upgrade from a previous version of WP, or is this a fresh 2.0 install?

And your permalinks most definitely don't work. Might want to check out Bruce's tutorial and get that fixed first.

This is a fresh install.

The post that he did in My SQL is the one that says in the body, "this is a test from eric" I believe he wrote it right into the tables. I am not sure. I will check with him when he gets home.

I am not getting any errors when I post, just a blank body. I can go back and edit, but the body still shows blank when I publish it to the site.

The "file this under..." post was done previously, when it was still working.

OH, also, I tried to update the "About" page and I got this error. I do not know if they are related:

Not Found

The requested URL /wordpress/about/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Okay, after reading some backgound on .htaccess i found i needed to have the file in the root of the wordpress folder on my web site. thanks for getting my links working. Now i still cannot post and there is a yellow warning triangle in the lower left corner after pressing thesave button. I found the site is erroring on post.php - with an error line 9; char 2212; error: object expected; code 0; url: http://www.lauralohr.com/wordpress/wp-admi...tionedi&post=14

greatly apprecite the help

That looks like the source for the post page in the admin interface, and that is likely not the problem.

I tracked down the theme you are using and your site looks mashed up a bit from the original, particularly on the individual post pages. I imagine that since the titles of the posts are displaying, just not the body, there is a problem in the loop that calls for the post body. If you can zip up your version of the theme and point me to it I can probably find the problem.

page.zipYes, it is mangled, we were messing with the style.css file. I wouldn't think that the style sheet would effect the way a post is done. The attached zip file contains the files in the used theme directory. I made sure it included index.php. By the way, thank you very much for your help, it is appreciated.

I wouldn't expect a missing stylesheet to muff it up, just trying to get rid of the obviously wrong stuff first.

Took a look at the template and The Loop seems to be intact, so it looks like it should be working. I also used your template on one of my sites and my posts showed up. The style was messed up, but the posts were there anyway.

If your husband looks in the actual MySQL tables, are the post bodies in there? I would figure if the page could pull the title, date, author and categories, it should be able to pull the post content as well. Unless it's just not there. And if it's not there, there's either a problem with your database connection (but one would expect that no information would make it, not just some) or the WP install itself.

If you were able to post and then one day it literally stopped working on its own, it's probably WP, although I've been using it for some time and have found it to be stable if you take care of it. If you were able to post and then changed something, anything, like maybe permalinks or a plugin or a theme or even some small layout change, you should roll back those changes. I'd go back to Paul's original suggestion of using the default unedited theme, and disable all plugins while you're at it. Troubleshooting is a tad easier if we definitively know what it's supposed to look like.

(p.s. - No other WP users out there? It's very lonely in this thread...)

Edited by timhodge

Tim, I've been reading the thread but I have no idea what else to suggest.

The blog is new and if it were me I would just remove the whole thing and start over. Get it working with a stock theme and then start changing themes and adding plugins. It could be the database has become corrupt.

Well, We discarded the database and started all over again. So we can now post and all of that stuff, the site is working great. Now we just need to modify it. My guess is the database may have become corrupt like you all have mentioned. Thank you everyone for all of your help.