abinidi

Phpbb 2.0.18 Released

Hello fellow TCHers. Happy Halloween (for those of you who celebrate it...)

I did a quick check of the forums, and hadn't seen mention of this yet, so I thought I'd let you know that PHPBB released 2.0.17 and 2.0.18 today. If you didn't make the 2.0.17 update (it was released Sunday morning; 2.0.18 was released Sunday afternoon), you can just use the instructions to skip the .17 update and go right to the .18 update.

You can find more information on their website: http://www.phpbb.com

Here is an excerpt from their site:

Changes since 2.0.16

Added extra checks to the deletion code in privmsg.php - reported by party_fan

Fixed XSS issue in IE using the url BBCode

Fixed admin activation so that you must have administrator rights to activate accounts in this mode - reported by ieure

Fixed get_username returning wrong row for usernames beginning with numerics - reported by Ptirhiik

Pass username through phpbb_clean_username within validate_username function - AnthraX101

Fixed PHP error in message_die function

Fixed incorrect generation of {postrow.SEARCH_IMG} tag in viewtopic.php - reported by Double_J

Also fixed above issue in usercp_viewprofile.php

Fixed incorrect setting of user_level on pending members if a group is granted moderator rights - reported by halochat

Fixed ordering of forums on admin_ug_auth.php to be consistant with other pages

Correctly set username on posts when deleting a user from the admin panel

Remember, it is your responsibility to keep your installed scripts up to date, so be sure to update your PHPBB boards!!

Happy halloween celebrations.

It seems to me that 2.0.17 has been out for a while... at least I've had it installed for a while. I recently migrated 1 of my 2 forums from phpBB to SMF, but that's a different story :)

Thanks for the update Paul. 2.0.17 was posted about back in July and you can find that post in the security discussion forums.

Weird. You're right about the version numbers. I didn't check them.

I got one email from the phpBB group on Sunday morning titled: "phpBB 2.0.17 released" with the following first line: "phpBB Group announces the release of phpBB 2.0.17, the "no, we did not forget naming it last time" release."

Then later on Sunday, I got an email from phpBB with the title: "phpBB 2.0.18 released" with the following first line: "The phpBB Group is pleased to announce the release of phpBB 2.0.18, "The Halloween Special" release."

Then today, I got the following e-mail from phpBB: "phpBB 2.0.18 repackaged" with the first line: "Hi, we just noticed that some changes were not checked in to CVS and thus been missing within the released 2.0.18 packages. We repackaged phpBB 2.0.18 and also updated the changed files package.

Maybe the message to me about the .17 release just got stuck in their queue. I just assumed it was a new release and didn't check my installation to see what version I was running. :)

In any case, if you updated your phpBB to .18 yesterday, you'll probably need to re-do it today, since there was information missing from that update.

Here is the entire e-mail I got from phpBB addressing the problems with yesterday's build of .18:

Hi,

we just noticed that some changes were not checked in to CVS and thus been missing within the released 2.0.18 packages.

We repackaged phpBB 2.0.18 and also updated the changed files package.

Please have a look at the original announcement at http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=336756 for all changes.

The files in question are common.php (just one tiny change) and includes/usercp_register.php (several changes).

For all of you having uploaded the packages or the code changes to their sites, please grab the packages again and inform your users about the changes.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will evaluate what went wrong internally and why this happened.

the phpBB Group.

Best wishes. Happy Halloween. Sorry for the .17 mixup...

Any idea when 2.0.18 will be available to upgrade via Cpanel? Currently my Cpanel is still showing 2.0.17.

-thanks