Yesterday, I posted a screencap of a news broadcast on my blog. I received a couple comments, so I know that it was there and that I didn't mess up somehow.

Today, the image didn't show up. I went to the directory where I uploaded it, and it was gone. Not renamed (although I still couldn't have done that) - gone.

So, someone deleted it. That someone wasn't me.

Any ideas as to what logs or somesuch I could look at to see who did this? I'm changing my password and all that jazz, but I'd still like to know.

I feel completely creeped out.

Edited by marie b.

I would look at 2 logs.

The main one being the domain log. If you download the raw log file and unzip it (this is then a plain text file). Search the complete file for the file name. That will show who ahs accessed it via the domain name.

I would then check the FTP log in the same way (or open a ticket at the abuse desk and tell us the name of the image file, and we will check the log files for you).

I'm trying to access Cpanel to look at the logs, but it won't load for me. (Server 92 - every other site, including my other domain, loads perfectly.)

I'm a bit skeptical as to whether this is a coincidence, as it was working perfectly last night.

Edited by marie b.