Frontpage 2003 Error On Site

trefilov22

This is the error I am getting. Maybe someone has some insight for me on something that I need to do to get it work properly? This is for a guestbook on my site. Thanks!

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page

You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

Any help is appreciated!

Brian

In cPanel you can install the extensions if they are not already installed. However, not all Frontpage components work on Apache servers and that is what TCH is running.

There are several guestbook programs available written in PHP that you can install though. Viper would be a good choice.

In cPanel you can install the extensions if they are not already installed.  However, not all Frontpage components work on Apache servers and that is what TCH is running.

There are several guestbook programs available written in PHP that you can install though.  Viper would be a good choice.

That sounds cool to me, but the problem is I am by far only a novice at this, and am learning still. I am not sure how I would even incorporate something like that into my site. Are their instructions somewhere on how to do that?

B

Most programs that you download have documentation that provides step-by-step instructions on how to install them. They also often have forums like this one that can provide help if needed and of course, it never hurts to ask here. Many of us run the more popular scripts out there.

Most programs that you download have documentation that provides step-by-step instructions on how to install them.  They also often have forums like this one that can provide help if needed and of course, it never hurts to ask here.  Many of us run the more popular scripts out there.

Works for me. I found the necessary files for the Viper guestbook. Unfortunately I am not sure how to incorporate it into the site. I would like to replace the one I have now. www.thesalvifamily.com is where you can see it.