User Permissions Under Windowsxp

Dark Angel

Hi.

I'm under WinXP Pro and many people use this computer (at work). I'd like to block access to Control Panel, screen resolution... and stuff like that. Is there an easy way to do that? Is there a program I can install that can manage this?

Thanks a lot for your help, once again! :)

When I was in school, all the computers had a program installed that blocked access to certain things (unless you opened up the program's control panel with the admin password, and disabled blocking of that feature). I don't recall what it was called though, I'll have to look into it more.

Look for a utility called POLEDIT - it's great for this kind of thing. You can also do it in the XP settings but it's not easy at all.

Look for a utility called  POLEDIT  - it's great for this kind of thing.  You can also do it in the XP settings but it's not easy at all.

Yeah! That's exactly why I'm looking for a program that would do it for me. Hehe! I'll check it out. Thanks!