chroniker

Firefox 1.0.3 Vulnerability

Just read this at eWeek.com.

Firefox users are urged to disable JavaScript immediately as a temporary workaround. Additionally, Mozilla recommends that the browser's software installation feature be disabled. This can be done by unchecking the "Allow web sites to install software" box, which can be found by selecting Options on the Tools menu and then Web Features.

As a rule I don't panic when I hear "vulnerability", but coming from eWeek concerning Firefox, one never knows, does one?

Curious...if you have specific sites entered in the box that are allowed to install software, will ANY site be allowed or just the sites that you have listed?

:D I think I'm safe, then! I've only got 3 sites listed.

:D  I think I'm safe, then!  I've only got 3 sites listed.

Keep in mind though that if you visit a site that has a extension you wanna/need to install, it will probably need to be in this list. :)

that's no problem...i can keep tabs on what's being installed on my computer!

Is it sufficient to only uncheck the "allow web sites to install software" button, or do I really need to disable Java Script when I surf the web? My work uses Java Script all over in our products, so I have no choice but to leve JS on when I'm using a work application.

I like running with scissors too! So I have not disabled my Javascript either! :D

Guest Serpentine

Might as well run with them Bruce. Doesn't look like you need them for anything else. :D

Might as well run with them Bruce.  Doesn't look like you need them for anything else.  :blush:

Ouch! :surrender: What a "sharp" comeback! Nothing like "poking" a little fun at Bruce! (Ok...I'll stop.)

It's ok. Sometimes it's good to be a bit paranoid and remind people!

Might as well run with them Bruce.  Doesn't look like you need them for anything else.  :D

I'm not offended, it's a true statement. :)