Site Getting Hammered Suddenly

Andrew

As the owner of penguinbooks.com ("Books About Penguins!") I get a few hundred page views every month -- mostly folks looking for penguin.com.

All of a sudden, though, my page views have skyrocketed and I'm getting messages about bandwidth being exceeded. As far as I can see there isn't a link to the page from someplace major (e.g., BoingBoing).

I do see a lot of page views from xxxx.proxy.aol.com people, which is funny because the site consists of a single page.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd appreciate it. I'm concerned that maybe something is going *out* via the penguinbooks.com server.

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

It doesn't look like there's a single source coming in (either a single link out there, or a single IP address hitting it over and over). There are all those AOL people, but that's it.

But I may be reading my stats wrong, or missing something important. My main concern is that there's nothing outgoing from penguinbooks.com.

Help ticket seems the right idea. Thanks!