Ie Problem (i Hope)

danceswithscissors

I had to reformat again and now both IE and Firefox are causing me problems. When I'm scrolling down the pages, the screen moves in a jerky fashion. I can't find anything in options about smooth scrolling or whatever for IE. I found that option for Firefox but clicking it on and off and rebooting doesn't change anything. Anybody know what is causing this?

If you are having problem with both browers I would suggest doing a traceroute and see if there are any delays in the data route. Sometime a flaky internet connection can cause jerky page loads. Also check to make sure that a firewall is not interrupting data flow. Hope this helps

Thanks Russell. I'll give that a try tomorrow since I'm down to my last raw nerve and about to toss this thing out the window tonight. LOL I even found a webpage that had images showing where *smooth scrolling* is located for Internet Explorer and it just isn't there on mine, so I may have to reinstall that too. I hate computers! woooot

I just reformatted last night and there's nothing in here except the IE and OE that come on the Windows XP disk. I went to the Gateway site to look for video driver upgrades and they want me to go messing around in the BIOS to see what's compatible. I just have this feeling that sending me in to play in the BIOS isn't a good idea. LOLOL

I reformatted for a 3rd time last night and after the 3rd time there is now a whole bunch of new options for IE (version 6.0.2600). Something just isn't working right here and maye it's the CDs that came with the computer. I put in the Driver disk after the first reformat and as soon as the tray slid closed my monitor turned plaid and start spinning colors. That's what caused the 2nd reformat. I tested IE after the 3rd reformat before putting it back online and the scrolling is still jerky, so I don't think it's being caused by a virus. There's a little green icon missing from the system tray that has always been there before. Looked like a little green hardware card. I have a feeling it's the video upgrade but now I'm afraid to put that Driver CD back in.