Ie Vs Mozilla

jasonl

I am designing my site with Frontpage. Everything seems to be working ok now but my tables are drawing very differently when viewed with Mozilla vs when the site is viewed with IE.

Any tips, suggestions on how I might be able to make this pesky problem go away?

Thanks ahead of time!

Well, I have most my site constructed in Frontpage at them moment. What would you suggest? Dreamweaver?

The can of worms has now been opened. :)

You have made most of your site in FP? Finish it in FP then. Make it all the same, just remember using a MS product makes it look good in IE (an MS product) but has disadvantages in other browsers. DW, may be the same. No two browsers are going to display the same.

If you are almost done then finish it and go back and edit the smaller things with something else. I prefer text editors when fine tuning my site but I often use a HTML editor to start because I cant see it in my head, I need a jump start.

You are going to get many replies here because there are as many preferences here as to what to use as there are seconds in a year.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Rob. Finish your site in FrontPage which looks good on IE. Then spend your time learning HTML and what's IE-specific. The knowledge of HTML will prove invaluable to you and you can rather quickly find the key troublespots making it not look right in other browsers. Use a text editor and you'll not only get the most out of the exercise in knowledge but you'll also be able to make precise changes. Just switching to Dreamweaver for an existing site will not "fix" the problems FP caused.

And you may want to familiarize yourself with validating your web pages.

Excellent point, Bruce. If a website passes the validator it will probably be very close to generic code that everyone understands. The validator should identify all proprietary (IE Only) code too.