Bandwidth Max Use?

spaceman

I will be hosting a competition website where thousands (wishful thinking) will be logged on one or 2 days a month. What happens if I reach that bandwidth max use in one day? I know you said you send notice at 80% but what if it takes hours or min to use up the next 20%? Is there a way to automatically set me up so I pay more? INstead of stopping my site?

Note: I do not know much about what it takes to use 1 Gig of bandwidth - I am just being cautious...since my site has the potential to be very labor intensive on competition days. If I market it right.

Thanks,

Markis

When you get close to your max you can purchase more at that time. If you will be going over the limits every month then I would think about getting a bigger plan.

Is there a way to automatically set me up so I pay more?

You are responsible for watching your limits and adjusting things accordingly. We do not automatically adjust for you.

Hi Markis,

I suggest that you submit a help desk ticket to the sales department (link at top of the page, and use unknown for username / password). I am just being cautious to, if your site usage is likely to be very "intensive", and (as you say in another post) very"heavy on email", then it is possible that a shared server is not the way to go, since this could affect other users on the server.

Submit the ticket, and we'll have a look at the details with you, to work out the most appropriate plan for you.