Design Gurus?

ShawTheatre

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone with way too much time on thier hands to help me with some basics in my php site. I'm currently running IPBNuke with the Invision forum. I've got the responcibility of creating this site, I just need to do the research to do it the way I want. :)

I'm currently working on a site for my College's Theatre department ( www.shortertheatre.com ) I've just installed IPBNuke so that it works with the Invision message board (because I liked it better than the regular phpbb). My first task is to redesign the look. I do some basic image editing, I just don't know where to start when it comes to putting it into the php code. I guess the first place I'm looking to start is with the basic color of the blocks and background, and to change the logo on the top to a banner I've already created.

I have never used IPBNUKE so I'm not sure what the differences are between it and PHP-Nuke. I'm sure both use Themes/Skins, these should be in the Themes directory. You can edit the CSS to change things like fonts and bg colors, but the rest of the site will require changing/editing images. Themes made for PHP-Nuke should work but most are made for Nuke only or Nuke w/phpbb. You should start with the forums at IPBNUKE and see what other users are doing or find a theme someone has already modified. If all they have done is port IPB to Nuke then you will need to learn how to skin NUKE and IPB; assuming that the IPB section of the site has to be skinned seperate.

So I've been messing around with one of the themes, hoping to pick some colors and see what they look like. So far, I've only been able to change the background color of one area by editing part of the beginning of the theme.php file. I tried editing the styles.css but it didn't seem to have any effect. Am I going about this wrong?