Sign in to follow this  
steve1

Backlinks

:P I would link to know if any backlink is good for a site, or are only backlinks with equal or higher rating only benificial.

Thanks

Steve

I don't know exactly what you mean by equal rating. Any link to your site is beneficial for two reasons. One is that it provides another means for someone to get to your site and the other is that on the search engines that weigh popularity it is another vote for you.

The amount of the benefit, of course, depends on many factors including the value of the site linking to yours as determined by the search engines and how many visitors they get that may be interested in your site.

The only bad thing a link to your site can do is a reputation problem if you are selling Christian books and a I AM A SPAMMER site links to you - the visitors looking for Christian books may not appreciate that much... but as far as anything else a link to you will not hurt and will usually help, even if only a tiny bit.