Stand Aside Bsod

Kaula

Doesn't instill much confidence in your aircraft, does it?

I liked all the bickering back and forth between the Linux and Windoze users. For those who might be interested, on the FAA side, they run everything from DOS to RedHat. Just depends upon the app.

Yep, the bickering is a cross between annoying and amusing.

I can see the headlines:

"The airliner that crashed in the field yesterday afternoon was the victim of terrorism. Charges are being written up for Linux "Tux" Penguin today and will be served shortly. It seems that a flaw in the operating system, combined with a rookie co-pilot issuing the three finger salute, resulted in the plane being rebooted in mid-air. The rest is just gravity folks."

;) I knew that. :( I was just thinking about how the "public" would respond to a comment that the plane software was rebooted. Of course the nav and other critical systems aren't tied to the entertainment system -- it wouldn't be very entertaining to the passengers to crash the plane :(

I knew that also Rob. But the general public wouldn't know the difference! Of course if the general public has seen some of the places I've been in, it's a miracle any type of communications takes place at all!