Entropy Search Won't Index .php Pages

Boojum

After all my concerns about Entropy Search breaking W3C validation, now I find that it won't index any of my pages anyway because they're served as .php. Apparently ES indexes only .html, .htm and a few other extensions, *not* including .php.

Is there a way to change the parameters so it will do so?

Entropy is intended to search files that typically have static content and is setup to only search txt html shtml htm files. PHP is not considered static and normally contains sensitive information such as passwords or security keys. Due to the security concerns and that this CGI is configured server wide for all clients, we unfortunately can not enable PHP files for Entropy.

I would recommend finding a PHP site search script to integrate with your code or use one of the site search options from most of the major search engines.

In this case, my .php pages use that extension only because they contain includes. There is no sensitive information in them, and apart from the includes they are static pages indistinguishable from the ordinary .html variety.

On principle, I am averse to using major search engines to search my site. I suppose I can look up the necessary instructions and build my own search engine if necessary, but I'd certainly *prefer* to get Entropy Search to index my (static and non-sensitive) pages.