A Few Pre-sales Questions

Guest Coleen

Guest Coleen

I'm so glad I found you all (through findmyhosting.com, btw). I'm looking into ordering the Starter Plan. But I wanted to ask a few questions first, especially since your support turnaround time is amazing.

1) When I go to order, I will purchase my domain name through SNH. Step 4 in the ordering process will require DNS information. Will I leave that blank since I haven't purchased a hosting plan yet? Is it an easy task to enter that info after the domain has been purchased and after the hosting plan has been purchased?

2) I will be building my site with Dreamweaver on a Mac and uploading thru FTP. Do you know of any glitches or hiccups that other customers may have experienced using this same setup?

3) Is the CPanel available even though I'll be working on a Mac?

4) With your Starter plan, will I be able to have more than one domain linked to the same server space? I don't mean subdomains. I would want two separate domains, both strictly for personal use (one an artwork/portfolio site and the other being a basic personal site). Would I be able to upload files for multiple sites under one SNH account?

Thanks so much!

WE're glad you found us, too! :unsure:

1. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Changing the DNS for your domain is not a big deal after purchasing the domain. BUT, I would buy the hosting package first, get my welcome letter with the DNS servers listed and THEN buy the domain name. (Of course you will want to make sure that the domain name is available before you commit your hosting package to it. Now, the reason that I suggest this is that it will just take a bit less time in this order for the domain name to propagate with the correct DNS servers.

2. Don't know of any issues with Mac, but Dreamweaver and FTP work just dandy on a PC. So, the question would really be, are there any Mac specific internet capabilities that you think might limit your abilities? (I'm not a Mac user, but I'll guess "No").

3. Again, this is a Mac question...but cPanel is accessed via browser. Chances are if you don't have any problem accessing most other internet pages, then you won't have any issues with cPanel either.

4. Only ONE domain per plan unless you buy a reseller plan. Them's the rules stated in Terms of Service Agreement.

Hope you join us!

Lianna

Guest Coleen
:unsure: Yall are awesome. I can't wait to join the family. Also, I checked out the cPanel demo yesterday. I didn't realize it was used thru the browser. So that's excellent, I should have no problems. Look forward to finding my new home at SNH... I'm holding off a bit to see what *big news* the HeadGuru will be revealing. Thanks for the help, Lianna!

• 2 weeks later...