I had no problem setting up the cpanel to receive e-mail (and forward it to my e-mail client, Eudora) but I am completely mystified as to how to send e-mail using the address of my domain. For instance, I have betsy@saveelpuebloviejo.org to receive but how would I send? A tutorial on this would be very helpful. Thanks. (I checked the help section and I am afraid I did not understand what was there.)

TCH-Thomas, looks good, only one spelling thing I noticed was "ought" in the first sentence should be "out" :) I don't know if you can edit that or not but thought I'd mention it.

Please see if this page helps. :)

Thank you. I had read that. But I remained confused. Where in the cPanel would I enter the info. (And I don't know where I would find the "authentication info" for the ISP, assuming it is cox.net which is what I use with Eudora.

Sorry to be stupid about this. For the two other sites, I gave up, used gmail and never tried an outgoing name attached to the domain.)

Betsy

<Depending on the current settings required by your ISP, you may also need to provide authentication information for the SMTP outgoing server. In my case, that is my username and password for my ISP account.

I can't use the same settings as my incoming mail server, because I use my cpanel username and password for that--that's to authenticate with TCH.

I hope I haven't totally confused you. Just try and keep in mind the pieces:

You have an incoming mail server and you apparently have all the settings correct for that.

You have an outgoing mail server, and that needs to be your ISP's mail server name, and your authentication information for your ISP.>

If you are trying to set up email I assume you want to use your domain and your Eudora client.

You need to add a new account in Eudora. For you login info you would enter your email address and password. You would use these same credentials for sending. Your mail server for this account will be mail.yourdomain.ext You may need to change the sending port for this account to 26 instead of the default 25 if your ISP blocks smtp connections using port 25.

Oops, thank you! I thought I had to do something to the cPanel, not just set up a new name in Eudora. I've just done that and feel foolish. I didn't have to change any port or do anything special.

Thanks. I really appreciate your pleasant help --- that's why or a big reason why I returned again to TCH with another small site! (And also why I recommend it to others.)