Xp Photo "web Publishing Wizard"

Russ

I did some "googling" and it seems that the sites that allow you to upload with the "publish this file to the web" link in the left panel of My Computer windows xp require you to download a file that gets added to your registry...flickr and gallery and other online photo sharing sites use this approach...anyone have any idea what these registy file entail and where one could read up on the process?

I did some "googling" and it seems that the sites that allow you to upload with the "publish this file to the web" link in the left panel of My Computer windows xp require you to download a file that gets added to your registry...flickr and gallery and other online photo sharing sites use this approach...anyone have any idea what these registy file entail and where one could read up on the process?

Well found some info...looks very complicated and requires editing the registry.

Well found some info...looks very complicated and requires editing the registry.

Meant to post the links that I found -

Microsoft in on Web Publishing Wizard - Some general information on the wizard.

Entering the Registry Keys - I was able to work thru this, and My domain shows up in the wizard :)

Information on the Server-side script/programing - This totally lost me :(

What are you trying to do? You don't need a web publishing wizard. You can use the file manager in cPanel to upload files or an FTP client. Or if you are using one of the Gallery scripts out there you can also upload through them.

I am confused as to what you are wanting to do. Flickr and other online photo accounts have their own tools for uploading to their sites.

What are you trying to do? You don't need a web publishing wizard. You can use the file manager in cPanel to upload files or an FTP client. Or if you are using one of the Gallery scripts out there you can also upload through them.

I am confused as to what you are wanting to do. Flickr and other online photo accounts have their own tools for uploading to their sites.

Problem with cPanel is that you can only do one file at a time.

I was curious as to how the windows web publisher wizard worked with flickr, gallery2, etc.

I had originally posted to see if anyone had looked into this, and then as I spent more time on it I found some information, so I thought I would post it.

anyone have any idea what these registy file entail and where one could read up on the process?

Most of these registry files are rather simple, here is a sample one created using Coppermine.

>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PublishingWizard\PublishingWizard\Providers\My Photo Album]
"displayname"="My Photo Album"
"description"="My Photos"
"href"="http://www.abc123.com/photoalbum/xp_publish.php?cmd=publish"
"icon"="http://www.abc123.com/favicon.ico"

Once you download this file, its just a matter of clicking on it to add the entry. As you can see above it is only adding site descriptions and links to the script. I have not tested this for sites like flickr, but can only assume they would store the same information as it should be standard for windows.