Wp And Nextgen Plug-in

I am playing around with Wordpress and I am trying to set up a plug in called NextGen- it is a plug in for a photo gallery. I have it installed and activated, and I have uploaded photos. The photos can be viewed.

The problem is this: the plug-in will create thumbnails, but when I attempt this I get this error message:

Error : Exceed Memory limit. Require : 42.13 MByte

Searching the WP forums, it seems that this is a function of a memory limitation on my domain (for example).

Anyone have any idea what this means, and if there is a work around (for example, a way to raise memory limitation), other than reducing size of image file (that has been suggested on the wp forum)?

• 1 year later...

Hey.

i tryed to add this line to .htacces. but then i just go a 500 internal server error on my page.

Same problem as his. Anyone who can help me?

Depending on your server setup you may need to open a ticket for this change.

Alternatively you can try one of the following:

-If the issue is with NextGEN then uncomment(remove //) the line @ini_set('memory_limit', '128M'); in /plugins/nextgen-gallery/lib/gd.thumbnail.inc.php

-If the issue is WordPress in general then add the line @ini_set('memory_limit', '64M'); to wp-config.php right after <?php

(adjust amount as needed)