Wordpress Stats Counter Thing

glamorouscreations

First of all CSS is for styling a website so there is no such thing as a CSS counter. Second, web page counters are useless except to boost the website owners ego as they serve no purpose. In cPanel you have access to the full statistics of your site.

So where should you look for a counter script try Google for "web site counter" or go to Hotscripts.com and search there.

If you want stats for your blog there are plugins available. Search Google for "WP-Stats"

are them wp- stats easy to install? thats the kind i think im seeing on these blogs where it shows the visitors, how many are logged in and such., i did try n install a regular hit counter but when i went bk to re validate my site , wow it hit over 24 errors so i removed the counter and it removed the errors, is why i was asking. thank you

Edited by glamorouscreations

Seriously you need to do a little research. When you download a plugin there are instructions for installing it. Most plugins are simple to install. You download the zip file extract it on your computer and upload it to the plugins folder of your blog. Then you activate it.

If you are working with a theme that supports widgets and the plugin has a widget it's simple to add to the side bar. If not you need to add the code to show the plugin on your blog.

ok , cool, i did try the widget thing but since the new word press 2.5 is out the widget section is weired it wasnt like the old version so i was really lost on that lol. and yes the theme i using is widget ready and all so i guess ill go find the wp stats plugin, i was also thinking of not even using a counter , seriously is it worth even having?

The counter is not needed since you can see stats in your cpanel, so there is not really any need for it.

As for the widget problem, have you made sure that the theme and the widgets is compatible with version 2.5? If not, it might cause problems or not work at all.