Auto Experts Help

I have a 1997 Honda Accord. The other day the a/c stopped blowing. The compressor and everything else works, the air just doesn't come out of the vents. I diagnosed the problem as the blower motor. I replaced it. The air blows out but not very strong. It seems like now when I put it on 4 it blows like the old one did on 1 or 2. I can feel air blowing from where the blower housing and evaporator connect. The OEM blower motor had a plug to the car's wiring, the new one didn't, it just had wires. The wire's weren't marked, so I connected them the way they were coming out of the motor based on the orientation of the 1/- on the plug. If I hooked up the wire backwards would the motor run backwards? Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Hold a strip of tissue paper to the vent and see which way it goes..

At then you'll know for sure which way the air is moving.

Yea, it's possible you have the polarity reversed but I do recommend taking it to a place that specializes in auto electric.

Hold a strip of tissue paper to the vent and see which way it goes..

At then you'll know for sure which way the air is moving.

Yea, it's possible you have the polarity reversed but I do recommend taking it to a place that specializes in auto electric.

Good trick, but the air is moving the correct way.