Error 500 When Creating Thumbnails

mversion

Hi guys,

i have upgraded to mt 3.34, everything works fine, however when i upload an image and try to create a thumbnail, i get a Error 500. Checking my error logs it says premature end of script headers with mt.cgi.

mt.cgi is chmodded to 755 and uploaded as ascii. i tried another plugin called better file uploader, and when i use that to upload and create thumbnails, i get a premature end of script headers on betterfileuploader.cgi file this time.

helpdesk has checked and confirmed that imagemagick and perl::magick are working correctly (though it apparently wasn't before).

what can i do guys? i have posted on the mt forums, but it has been quite a few days and no replies, i am hoping i will do better here.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I'd guess there is a blank line at the end of the php file that is calling these scripts, that often causes these sorts of problems.

checked mt.cgi and betterfileuploader.cgi... they all look fine and dandy to me.

i am in the process of installing a fresh mt on my wifes account (she's a wordpress person), i'll see how that goes.

this is just frustrating me. completed a branding spanking new installation on my wifes account. i uploaded the mt tar.gz file in binary mode. checked all permissions were correct. tch support installed image::magick/perl::magic the module, mt-check says everything is OK. the entire blog works fine. but as soon as i choose make thumbnail following the upload i get the "premature end of script headers" error.

can at least any mt 3.34 users confirm that they can create thumbnails with mt?

Just to help out those who might come across the same problem as i have. I had to forfeit using imagemagick as i couldn't get it to work. the mt forums were adamant that there was something wrong with my perlmagick installation, but tch support has insisted that there's nothing wrong.

anyway, i ended up using netpbm instead following the tutorial at http://sniptools.com/tutorials/thumbnailin...nd-movable-type

it works a treat.

fyi