Mae

Need Help

I just uploaded my new FP 2003. I started building a new website. I'm going to purchase a seperate domain name and hosting account for my new site. How do I remove my old site and get it where I can access in my new FP? I want to move some of the pages from my old site to my new site. Next, I want to rebuild some pages on my old site. How do I keep the two sites seperate in FP so they don't get mixed up? If I could get help here and get past this hurdle, I think the rest will be okay...thanks!

Sorry I haven't used FP in a long time, but I believe you can set up your new site's name and all that and tell FP you want to import it from a web page.

If you set up both sites in FP and put them in different places on your hard drive then they will remain separate.

Hopefully someone who uses FP will stop by soon if you need any more details on it... my memory has faded in that department.

Well...I pretended like I was brave and hit the FP import button, then I crossed my fingers and said a prayer. It worked! :goof: I made three folders: one for all of the pages for my new website, one for all of the pages for my old website, and one for a page to replace my old website and redirect visitors. Now off to try and remember how to do links...yikes...

Woohoo! Way to go Mae!

Make sure you jot some notes down so know what to do next time!

Okay, now I have real problem. My website is still "out there". I need to take it down. I have new page to publish. First - how do I take down the old site (remove it from the internet), and put up my new page. P.S. Last summer, I had trouble publishing. Someone told me how to write my address (I think it had ftp in it) so that it would work. In my old program it just popped up. It doesn't do that now, and I don't remember how to write it in. Help!!!