Another Script Permissions Question

edwar64896

Having read the forum now there is probably a more effective way that I could have installed my copy of mambo, however....

I did it by unpacking the files on my windows box and then FTP'ing the whole thing up. I did, however find, that it appears the ownership of the files are not set to the same UID/GID as the webserver and I am having to use 777 on some of the directories in the distribution.

Is it possible that there is a way to set ownerhship on a directory tree to be the same as the httpd server? Is my web server running as my userid or another?

cheers

Mark.

I did it by unpacking the files on my windows box and then FTP'ing the whole thing up. I did, however find, that it appears the ownership of the files are not set to the same UID/GID as the webserver and I am having to use 777 on some of the directories in the distribution.

I just reread this and I do not believe the help desk will change the ownership to the webserver user. I thought you were asking to have the ownership changed to your UID. But you could check with them.

If the web server's user ID owns the Mambo files and directories, I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to update Mambo's files, as you won't own any of the files and directories, they most likely won't have 0777 permissions, and you may not be able to change the permissions yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
I came up here looking for answers to the same problem(s).

Looks to me like mambo isn't worth the hassle.

Actually mate, I managed to get mambo going with very little hassle. However I am back here again with the same issue for SugarCRM which is looking like it's going to be a major nightmare just to install. OK I'm off to speak to the techs...