Wordpress One-click-backup Plugin

I have just installed the One click backup plugin created by laughing lizard, I have the most recent version of it. I have created the folder in wp-content named backup, and changed it's permissions as per instructions. When I click on "backup database" I recieve the following error messages at the top of the page;

Warning: fopen(/home/cpanelName/public_html/wp-content/backup/02062005wordpress.sql): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cpanelName/public_html/wp-admin/backuprestoreAdmin.php on line 221

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cpanelName/public_html/wp-admin/backuprestoreAdmin.php on line 222

I'm using WP 1.5.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks Ron :thumbup1:

Edited by TCH-David: Obscured CPanel username in directory paths for security purposes.

Thanks for the help guys! Thomas, what exactly did you type into the forum search to find this thread? I have been an active member in the WP forum for well over a year, and I somehow couldn't find it.

According to this it looks like a problem with the permissions. Look a bit down on page at around post # 15 and it looks similar.

Thomas your a saint and a humanitarian. So is David. Thanks guys, it was the file needing to be set to 777 that fixed this. Even Podz didn't get this one, and he was very active in the archived thread you found for me. Thanks! I don't no if you read the response to your reply or not, but what exactly did you type in to search to find that thread? I'm an active member of the WP forum and I couldn't find that to save my life!