Les

Bookmark Me Script?

hello,

i am trying to add a bookmark my site script to my site using frontpage, but i am having nothing but problems. i keep getting a script error no matter what i do. does anyone know the proper way for me to make a bookmark me link using frontpage?

thanks

Yes, highlight the area you want to bookmark, if text, if image, just click it one time, then choose INSERT from menu, BOOKMARK, and then give it a name and save it... that's it.

Edited by jnull

Yes, highlight the area you want to bookmark, if text, if image, just click it one time, then choose INSERT from menu, BOOKMARK, and then give it a name and save it... that's it.

hi there. thanks for replying. i've tried that, but it just saves it as regular text. there is nothing to click to bookmark. so i am confused.

hi there. thanks for replying. i've tried that, but it just saves it as regular text. there is nothing to click to bookmark. so i am confused.

ok that is a different type of bookmark. i want someone to be able to click on text that says "bookmark this site" so it can be saved in their favs. i've tried several different scripts and receive a script error everytime :)

Here is the info on how to create a bookmark in FrontPage, right from the FrontPage software HELP engine:

Create an anchor (bookmark) on a Web page

Note In FrontPage, an HTML anchor is called a bookmark.

In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design .

Select the text to which you want to assign a bookmark (bookmark: A location or selection of text in a file that you name for reference purposes. Bookmarks identify a location within your file that you can later refer or link to.).

On the Insert menu, click Bookmark.

Under Bookmark name, type or select the name of the bookmark (spaces are allowed).

Note If you bookmark a location (rather than text), the bookmark is indicated in FrontPage by . If you bookmark text, the text displays with a dashed underline.

It is a fairly straight forward action. You must have something on the page, text or an image, that you want to assign the bookmark to for this to work.

Oh .. I see now, you're wanting a JavaScript bookmark. 

Go here for those details: http://www.computerhope.com/j4.htm

the problem i am having is i keep getting a script error. i have tried several different java scripts and i am having the same issue with them all. so i am wondering if there is a special way i have to add this when using fp. i just can't figure it out.

i will keep messing with it. i appreciate your help.

I would think you use the insert html to paste the script onto a page.

Hopefully a FP user will be along soon to help.

If you are using a "cut-and-paste" javascript, have you tried pasting it in the HTML tab (the area that has HTML only)?

Yup, you can paste it in as an insert HTML web bot, or you can paste it in with good ol' cut-n-paste. However, if you copy it from a web page, paste first into Notepad (or a similar text editor) and then paste it into Frontpage. Pasting into Notepad first makes sure it follows into Frontpage as plain text, rather than HTML formatted text from an original web page.