Sign in to follow this  
gmoulliet

Publish To A Sub-domain

Up until recently I was able to publish to a sub-domain. (example: http://www.familyweb.mywebsite.com) However, now it won't publish. I made no changes to the file structture or my FP settings. I went to cpanel and noticed that the FP extensions were "not installed" so I attempted to re-install them. But I get an error message as follows:

Attempting to install FrontPage extensions...

/home/xxxxxx/public_html/familyweb does not exist or is not a directory!

FrontPage extensions are currently: not installed

Help desk is telling me the following:

FP extensions do not work for subdomains. It works only for main domain. Please use the FP extensions for the main domain and browse through the directories and upload files to your subdomain directory. Let me know if you need any thing else.

WELL they did before!! (???)

Unless I'm missing something, I was publishing this way before. Why will it not work now?

Any help would be great.

Thanks Mad!!!

THAT WORKED!!!!!!

Thanks, Don.

If you have any other FP help stuff, point me there. The "help desk" is not to helpful.

I just wanted to add something here since you felt the help desk was of no use. Our techs do not provide support for FrontPage. They do not provide support for any HTML editors like FP, Dreamweaver, cute site builder etc. All they can do is verify that the server side of things (extensions etc.) are correct.

When you messaged me several times I suggested that the forums would be the best place to get an answer to your problem since we do not provide support for FP. There are over 4,000 members here, many of them FP users.