Creating Mailing Lists On Cpanel

skeptismo

Hello,

I have a question about mailing lists. I want to create a list, for example support@**** which will redirect the incoming mail to 3-4 different email accounts (name1@****, , name2@**** etc).

I saw that when I created a mailing list through cPanel then I have to edit it in through MailMan pages, correct ?

The problem is I don't know where to put recipients addresses as I mentioned before; I saw there is a administrator's list, a moderator's list etc.

Also the MailMan program has A LOT (!!) of properties. Is there any manual available for reading all these first and after that to make my changes ?

Thanks in advance,

Panayiotis

Thumbs Up

Hi Panayiotis,

Try: Mailman, the GNU Mailing List Manager

http://www.list.org/

Check the links at the top of the page, esp. "Documentation" and "Mailing Lists"

I'm not a Mailman tech expert, but I've found the documentation quite helpful.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Gilles

Thanks Gilles

I'll check it out

(I hope I don't have to read the hole manual, all I want to do is simply create a .. list of email addresses that act as group members for example like Active Directory groups, and when sending email to that group, every member can read it)

I tried to do so, but when I send an email to the newly created list, I got messages saying that :

Your mail to 'List' with the subject

test mailing lists

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

Post by non-member to a members-only list

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel this posting, please visit the following URL:

Anyway thank again for your help,

:Nerd: