I took apart the laptop yesterday and tested out the battery, adapter, and power connection with a voltmeter. The adapter worked fine with 19V and the battery was totally dead, because it hasn't been charged. The power connection inside the laptop had continuity, but for some reason, even with the adapter plugged in, it had barely any voltage. It looked like something overheated and shorted out because there was this smokey, whitish haze inside the power connection. I'm probably going to sell the parts to it so you can check eBay soon if you want them.
Thanks for your help!
Post edited by TCH-Thomas.
Please do not use the forums for advertising.