Mysql Server

When I create a database I fill in the form-field DB and say create. Then I create a user with a password. After that I add the user to the database. Now, on the install page of a php program it asks for 4 things:

MySQL Server

Database Name

MySQL User

MySQL Password

What do I put in the MySQL Server field? Database name would be

"login-name_database-name" or just "database-name"? The user would be just "admin" for example or "login-name_admin"?

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sovereign

Another question:

Whats does this mean?

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/times/public_html/database2/inc/common.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/times/public_html/database2/inc/common.php on line 53

Warning: dopage(themes//header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/times/public_html/database2/inc/common.php on line 65

Fatal error: dopage(): Failed opening required 'themes//header.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/times/public_html/database2/inc/common.php on line 65

I'm just starting to learn MySQL myself, but I *believe* that means the query to the database returned no results. Most likely a query was made and returned a result that was empty, and then mysql_fetch_assoc() was used against that result, but the result was false (0 rows) so it failed.

As for why, hard to tell without seeing your setup. You might consider contacting the people who created the PHP program and see if they have a help forum that may cover the specifics for that program.

Hey,

I'm trying to put a movie database on my website. It just said name the database like this "dvddb". But in the CPanel it says "name_dvddb", which is correct. So I had to go to the file where the info is stored and change the name. Now I get this error - it could be that I only changed this one file but the database name is in serveral. But then again, how can I find out where it is stored? I looked at common.php but it doesn't have that kind of input?!?!

Sovereign, the correct one is "name_dvddb" and yes, that could be the source of the problem (having to change the database name in more than one file).

Assuming you're using Windows, you can use the find utility to look for a file containing a certain text string - look for "dvddb" and check the files that you get on the result.

Hey that's a great idea. You mean use the serach utility (I am using windows) and select the folder to search in. I didn't know it could look -into- files. I thought it only looked at the files name. How can I make it search at the text that would appear in notepad if I opened for example index.php?

Thanks a lot,

Sovereign :)

I can't tell you for sure because I don't use Windows myself but if I recall correctly, you have a text box that says something like "files containing the following words".

EDIT: OK, I went to my dad's computer to check it out: after entering the search window, select "All files and folders" and then you'll have a text box that says "files containing the following words or sentences"

Edited by TCH-Raul