Sign in to follow this  
Sub_John

Cannot Sync Tables Error 1271

Hi.

I am using Navicat to sync my tables for many years. I sync online > local. It's worked for a long time until now.

I tried to fix by upgrading my Mysql and making the collations match to no avail. I am still getting this error.

[Err] [Preview] Source server SQL execution error:1271 - Illegal mix of collations for operation 'concat_ws'
[Err] [Preview] 1271 - 1271 - Illegal mix of collations for operation 'concat_ws'
[Msg] [Preview] Synchronization Failed: MD5 signature preparation failure

My local....

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set%'
result...
Variable_name Value character_set_client utf8mb4 character_set_connection utf8mb4 character_set_database latin1 character_set_filesystem binary character_set_results utf8mb4 character_set_server latin1 character_set_system utf8 character_sets_dir

c:\wamp2\bin\mysql\mysql5.6.17\share\charsets\

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'collation%'
result....

Variable_name Value collation_connection utf8mb4_general_ci collation_database latin1_swedish_ci collation_server latin1_swedish_ci

Online...

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set%'

Variable_name Value character_set_client utf8mb4 character_set_connection utf8mb4 character_set_database latin1 character_set_filesystem binary character_set_results utf8mb4 character_set_server latin1 character_set_system utf8 character_sets_dir /usr/share/mysql/charsets/

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'collation%'

Variable_name Value collation_connection utf8mb4_general_ci collation_database latin1_swedish_ci collation_server latin1_swedish_ci

Any ideas?

Thanks,

~John

I would open a ticket with the Help Desk. There is a link in my signature.

Hi.

I have fixed it so far by upgrading to a new version of Navicat.
I also upgraded my local MySQL to match but it was the new version of Navicat that ultimately worked.

Thank you.

~John