Where Do I Find Info On Moving Domain?

sfc

I apologize if there is a more appropriate forum for this -- I looked around and didn't find the exact topic. I'm building a squarespace site and I'm hoping to move my domain (currently here) over there. I'm not moving any of the content I have here, though, it's just that I want the squarespace site content to be under my current domain name. But I would like to buy a new domain and keep all the content I currently have here under that domain (and have it hosted here). I'm wondering how I should do this. Any ideas? (I also apologize if this is a basic question -- I don't know anything!) Thanks!

Welcome to the forum sfc :)

If I understand what you are asking you will have 2 domains when done.

Buy the new domain name you wish to use with your current site here and open a ticket with the help desk and ask them to park it on top of the existing domain.

Once that is done you can go ahead and change the name servers for your current domain to use the ones on you square space site and once again open a ticket with the help desk and tell them you moved the old domain name elsewhere and make your new domain the active domain name.

Hope that helps.