Write To Socket (Udp)

jmack772003

Hello all,

Its been a while since I have run into a "roadblock". First off, kudos to the employees @ TCH for the outstanding service over the years. Thank you.

Now to the problem, I imagine that the php function socket-write or sendto would be blocked for UDP ports on a shared server. Does anyone know of a way to send a magic packet by different means?

-or-

Perhaps, the help desk could open a specific permission? Any Ideas?:)

Thanks in advance.

Ok. Sent request to TCH technical dept. I will leave this for anyone who needs to know it in the future.

It doesn't work for me in my case due to a mandatory DHCP host. This is a TCH policy to not allow wild card remote IPs, which is completely understandable on a shared server. However, I have posted the reply from the technician for those interested with a static_IP :

"a recent firewall upgrade has overwritten the special rule set that opened the custom port/s for your scripts. As this happens every time when the firewall is upgraded or tweaked we have developed a permanent solution for this. The port/s will be opened specifically for a given remote ip and kept in a place where it is not affected by further tweaks or upgrades of the firewall. We need the following information for this:

Location of the script using the port :

Port/s to open :

Type (tcp/udp) :

remote ip to which you want to connect :" --> again must be static.

Good luck.