Speed Limits

Hello, there seems to be a bandwidth limit in place when downloading files from the server. I can't get faster than 5Mbit download per http/ftp connection, and if I open many downloads there seems to be a 10Mbit cap based on my IP, or perhaps account.

Now what I'm asking is can this limit be raised as downloading 500Mb site backups at 5Mbit really takes far too long especially when I have a 50Mbit internet connection.

Can this limit be raised at all?

I understand that this limit is probably in place so that one website can't cause a slow down in performance for others on the server, but a 5Mbit cap per http connection seems a bit low by todays standards.

Bruce, try downloading something from your webspace to your home/work pc and see what download speed you get...

If you are currently at the datacentre where my server is located, you may receive different results due to local peering.

It may be that peering to Europe has these limits in place where as Local US peering doesn't have such a limit.

Edited by Tom™

Not saying there isn't a limit on downloading but I have never run across it. Please open a ticket with the help desk to discuss this further.

As long as the technical support is better than the live help, the way the English was written made it look like the support person was located in India!