Unwanted Links From Undisirable Sites

hatmaker

I hope I'm in the right place for this topic, please move if not. Also know the the volunteers are overwhelmed with requests so it's no emergency but I'm concerned about this.

According to my stats > Links from an external page (other web sites except search engines):

I keep getting linked to by wierd sites. First it was "gambling sites" then "med sites" now po rn sites"!!! My site is strictly art and photography and is for all ages, it has nothing to do with any of this stuff but every month this crap is showing up in my stats! Has any one else had this problem? Is there any way to stop it or block them? My family and kids see my stats too and I have no idea how to explain this to them!!! This crap is permanently on my stats! I don't understand what the motive would be for this. Is someone trying to ruin me or what??? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Brent http://brentberryarts.com

Are you getting these figures from your Awstats? If so, see if there's a 0 next to the bad site referring to you. If so, I think they're not really linking to you, but it's a spammy thing they do. Hopefully someone else here has more information if that's what you're talking about.

Are you getting these figures from your Awstats? If so, see if there's a 0 next to the bad site referring to you. If so, I think they're not really linking to you, but it's a spammy thing they do. Hopefully someone else here has more information if that's what you're talking about.

Yes, in my Awstats, No 0's, they usually show 3 to 6 next to them. when it first started I clicked on a couple of them but I couldn't actually find any link to me, they just show up in the stats. ?? It seems like all of these sites do it for a short period of time and then disapear. It wouldn't be a problem but I hate seeing these on my stats. some have 4 ugly letter words that just don't belong here. Thanks for the input! Hopefully they'll go away soon!

I know what you mean, I feel slimy just reading the awful words in the links they have. The same with some of the awful spam I get! Mine have all had 0's next to them, which tells me that they're not really linking to me.

Me too! I wish there was some solution to stop it but............ well, maybe someday. Thanks again!

The only thing I could think of is block them by IP address in your .htaccess file. But you would only be able to do so after the fact so it's a futile attempt.

Oh well, I guess they'll go away sooner or later. I appreciate the help anyway Bruce! Ya'll are the best! Keep up the great work!!! ;)