Word Press Install

Dumplin

I have lots of confusions with the install process.....I unzipped the program and remember where it is so now I am looking at MySQL Account Maint in Cpanel and am stumped:

Ok looking at the page in the first section is DATABASES and a nice list of what I have....guestbook, chat and the BB....they all have justdci_ in front of the names. Next I see a bunch of fill ins and drop downs...I see the guestbook with the following:

User justdci and DB: justdci

and places to put a check mark and the word ADD User to DB to click. Below that is DB and a box to type in and ADD DB

My confusion is, is this area to add an additional user to my existing Data Bases or do I need to do something here?

Next area

Users: Has same list of existing Data Bases with:

UserName:

PassWord:

What do I put here....the wordpress install instructions say a good user name would be ('wordpress') I know to leave the () out but do the '....' need to be there?

Ok then has a place to click Add User.

At the bottom of the page it has

Access Hosts:

Host (% wild card is allowed)

and Click Add Host

Do I need to put anything here?

Ok I am not the brighest bulb in the box and do rather well with pictures so I need some help here :)

I know all the Techs in support are saying OH NO she's not really going to put Wordpress on her site..... :)

I really appreciate any and all help I have received in the last 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Donna

My confusion is, is this area to add an additional user to my existing Data Bases or do I need to do something here?

You can add users to existing databases on that page, but I don't think this is what you need to do on this page. Usually, when you install a new script that needs a MySQL database, you perform three steps to set up the database:

1) Create a new database

2) Create a new MySQL user name (with password)

3) Add the new MySQL user to the new database

What do I put here....the wordpress install instructions say a good user name would be ('wordpress')  I know to leave the () out but do the '....' need to be there?

Ok then has a place to click Add User.

This part of the page is for creating MySQL users to access your databases. When creating a user, you would not enter the parenthesis or the quotes as a part of the user name. In your example, you'd just enter wordpress.

At the bottom of the page it has

Access Hosts:

Do I need to put anything here?

No, you won't use that section of the page for what you're trying to do.

Ok I am not the brighest bulb in the box and do rather well with pictures so I need some help here  :)

TCH has a movie tutorial illustrating how to set up a MySQL database.

Hope this helps...

You can add users to existing databases on that page, but I don't think this is what you need to do on this page.  Usually, when you install a new script that needs a MySQL database, you perform three steps to set up the database:

1) Create a new database

2) Create a new MySQL user name (with password)

3) Add the new MySQL user to the new database

This part of the page is for creating MySQL users to access your databases.  When creating a user, you would not enter the parenthesis or the quotes as a part of the user name.  In your example, you'd just enter wordpress.

No, you won't use that section of the page for what you're trying to do.

TCH has a movie tutorial illustratring how to set up a MySQL database.

Cool I will check it out

Hope this helps...

Thank you I will get it working :)

Donna