Web Hosting

hxkraft

First of all, good afternoon!

Well I have several questions so hope this is the right thread :)

1. I'm currently being hosted by another company but would like to change my web hosting before my previous one expires. So how many days before should I purchase a virtual hosting plan?

2. I already have a .com and will solely use that but I want to make a division in my website like blablabla.com/digital - blablabla.com/photography . they are one and the same but at the index.html the viewer can choose between the photographic side or the digital one thus opening just a frameset for the choosen layout. is it allowed? They are not two websites, but only one to showcase my work in digital and photography.

3. Can I pay with visa even if I'm from Europe?

:dance:

thanks in advance

Claudia

Welcome to the forum Claudia :dance:

I would get the hosting soon enough to get your site setup here an be sure it is working ok.

If you currently have cpanel, the techs may be able to copy your site for you.

just open a help ticket (link at top of page) to the techs to ask them to try and copy your site for you after you have an account.

You can have folders or sub-domains for the different parts of your site

your-TCH-site/folder

or create a sub-domain in cpanel

sub-domain.your-TCH-site

which will create the folder for you, then upload to the folder

but link to the sub-domain.

I don't think you will have any problems with your credit card.

If you do, just open a help ticket to billing to ask for help, use none for the login and password

If you need anything else, please ask :)

Welcome to the forums, Claudia! :)

1. I'm currently being hosted by another company but would like to change my web hosting before my previous one expires. So how many days before should I purchase a virtual hosting plan?

As TCH-Don said, you'll want to purchase your account here soon enough to get your site setup here and be sure it is working ok before your old hosting account expires. I'd recommend that you purchase your new TCH hosting account at least a week before your old hosting account expires.

Claudia,

Another thing to consider is that when you tell the world that your site is now "over here" instead of "over there" it takes up to a couple of days for everyone out there to get the word. During this time it would be best to have your site up at both locations... that way no matter which way folks get directed they will see your site.

Because of this I'd have it set up and ready to go 3-5 days before "pulling the plug" and then start the process to switch locations (aka. changing the name server entry with the registrar for your domain name).

Welcome to the forums and if you need any help just ask!